What Does It Take To Do A Bathroom Remodel?
If you are thinking of installing a new bathroom in your home or updating an existing bathroom then you have started a journey that is going to keep on giving, aka, good luck! Just kidding. Getting a new bathroom or getting a fresh new look is an amazing addition to any home and can re-invigorate your love for your home. As much time as you spend in your bathroom you should enjoy it and appreciate the comfort it affords you. Quiet contemplation on your throne or wandering shower thoughts time can be some of the best moments of the day.
The point is, a remodel or new construction on a bathroom should be taken seriously and everything needs to be properly planned out and organized. You need to know what styles, colors, sizes, models, and construction needs you will be required to decide before you go into this project. Here is a quick list of things you need to consider:
- What floor is the bathroom on?
- Is it a new construction or a remodel?
- Is it a full or half bath?
- What functions will be added or remodeled in the bathroom?
- Is there a style that you are going for?
- Do you have a color pallet?
- Do all of your faucets match the plumbing fixtures?
Are There Any Permits Required?
It depends. New construction definitely requires inspections of some kind by the local county or city. However, you need to call your local agency to determine if what you are doing applies to your situation. It can be a big deal to make a remodel or to add a bathroom. You don’t want to go about it the wrong way. Here is a general list of how to start if you are even considering doing this yourself.
- Make a list of your dream bathroom looks
- Find sample photos online
- Browse supplier websites for faucets and looks
- Think about the type of material you want
- Pick out a color scheme
- Price out everything
- Think about the construction methods
- Determine if you are going to have to redo electrical or plumbing
- Try to schedule out all of the activities
- Determine if you are going to affect other rooms or walls of your house
Once you have fully determined the extent of the remodel or new construction you can determine if you can manage it on your own or if you need to hire a group of trained, efficient, and effective professionals.
Is This A DIY Project?
To be honest, it probably isn’t a DIY job. A remodel or new construction requires a crew that is experienced in each aspect of the job and knows how to problem solve even the hardest of situations. If you have a project that you need to bid out you should call us at (858-538-6025) Core Plumbing to discuss your ideas and what options are available to you. At Core Plumbing we are dedicated to making your new bathroom a safe haven and pleasure to enjoy.